25 May New and improved Care Plan view in the EMR
From Thursday, 27 May a new Care Plan view will be available to all disciplines in the EMR.
The new Care Plan view will be available from the Inpatient Doctor workflow, Inpatient Pharmacy workflow, Neonatal workflow, Neonatologist workflow, Nurse Handover workflow and Allied Health Nutrition workflow. The new view will:
- Provide higher visibility and easy access to your patient’s Care Plans.
- Improve clinical review and documenting.
Please ensure you are familiar with the updated Quick Reference Guides (QRGs) and key workflow resources (below) to understand how these changes will benefit you.
- Adding Care Plans Key Workflow video
- Documenting In Care Plans Key Workflow video
- Risk Assessments And Care Plans Key Workflow video
- Care Plans List QRG
- Documenting in Care Plans QRG
- Risk Assessments and Care Plan Documentation EMR Passport
Providing high-quality, comprehensive care is one of the most important things we can do as a health service. It’s essential we communicate and correctly document the care we provide so your team members, and other clinicians associated with your patients’ care get the complete picture.
Accreditation (7-11 June) gives us the opportunity to showcase the collaborative clinical work we do in caring for patients. To ensure we continue to deliver high-quality care and a positive patient experience:
- It is likely that most of our patients would have between 2 to 5 Care Plans.
- Nurses need to be documenting interventions and outcomes every shift.
- View and discuss Care Plans during handover.
If you have a technical question, please call the IT Helpdesk (option 2) or ‘log an EMR issue’ on your desktop. Remember, the usual escalation pathways for help and support still apply.
Approved by Katrina Nankervis and Anjali Dhulia