28 Oct EMR changes in response to our COVID-19 Model of Care
To support Monash Health’s transition to a COVID-normal Model of Care, a range of important EMR updates and changes have been implemented.
Our focus is on ensuring the EMR continues to best meet the needs of our organisation, and in particular, our continued safe COVID-19 response. The following enhancements are now available to you in the EMR:
- A new EMR COVID-19 Dashboard
- New alerts for SCOVID Low Risk and SCOVID Probable
- New COVID Testing Plan Document (Autotext)
- Updated COVID Suspected Clearance (Autotext)
- The Emergency Department medical streams will ‘risk stratify’ patients using the new terminologies according to the Model of Care Protocol.
- Please familiarise yourself with the Managing COVID-19 patients in the EMR guide.
- The COVID Dashboard will provide simplified access to the COVID Alert and to document your COVID Testing Plan and COVID Clearance.
Nursing and Midwives
- Please familiarise yourself with the COVID-19 Visibility for Nurses and Midwives guide.
- For a Ward level view, the Clinical Leader Organiser (CLO) will provide a view of the COVID status and isolation precautions.
- The COVID Dashboard will provide a view to the COVID status and simplify the management of COVID alerts, isolation status and documentation.
The EMR continues to support the safe, high quality and timely care of all patients, including during our COVID-19 response.
EMR-COVID-19 specific resources, including QRGs, workflow posters and videos are available from the COVID-19 and the EMR page on the EMR website.
If you have a technical question, please call the IT Helpdesk (option 2) or ‘log an EMR issue’ on your desktop. Remember, the usual escalation pathways for help and support still apply.