15 Oct Changes to “ED Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)” order set
In response to increased community transmission of COVID-19 and the need for testing of all admissions, the following updates have been made to the ED Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) order set.
- Indications for Respiratory Pathogens PCR order (including RAPID):
- “Non-COVID (Asymptomatic Screening)” option has been added
- “SCOVID High Risk” replaces “SCOVID Probable” option
- Isolation order has been removed from the order set
- Selecting either “SCOVID Low Risk” or “SCOVID High Risk” for the PCR indication will automatically place:
- a SCOVID alert on the EMR patient chart
- an Isolation order (blue / yellow as per guideline)
- Selecting “Non-COVID (Asymptomatic Screening)” as the PCR indication will NOT add either the alert or the isolation order
Please refer to the ‘Placing the COVID-19 Orderset QRG’ for more information.